bollywood meets tollywood kick

Kick star meets another Kick Star! Ravi Teja & Salman Khan!

07:32:00Entertainment Unlimited



It happened at the Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi's 60th birthday bash. Kick star Ravi Teja met Salman Khan who played the lead in the Hindi remake of Kick.

And there was an instant connection. 

Says a guest at the venue, "Salman greeted the original Kick star Ravi Teja very warmly with a hug and a smile. They spoke for quite a while. Salman Khan was curious about Kick 2 in Telugu which has just been released. When Ravi told Salman about a double role in Kick 2 Salman said he too is playing a double role in the Kick sequel, but Salman is not doing a remake of Ravi Teja's Kick 2"

Says Ravi Teja whose sequel to Kick released this weekend, "Salman and I met at Chiranjeevi Sir's bash. We spoke and he was kind enough to ask me about my new Kick sequel. I told him there were some problems. He was very nice, very cordial." 

Now that Ravi Teja is out with Kick 2 does Salman intend to be in the remake of that? Ravi is unsure. "I don't think Salman's Kick 2 will be a remake of my Kick 2. I know the Hindi producers were waiting for Kick 2 to come out. But I think they've other plans." 

While Salman's plans of a Kick sequel remain nebulous, Ravi has gone ahead and completed Kick 2which he says is "much bigger in every way" than the original. 

Reasons Ravi, "It has to be bigger. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to do a sequel. I don't know how big Kick 2 is. But it's the biggest film of my career." 

For now Ravi has put on hold his plans of going to Bollywood. 

Displaying a refreshing departure from the delusional ambitions of his other Telugu-Tamil contemporaries who burnt their fingers while crossing over to Bollywood, Ravi says, "Let's be honest and practical. No South Indian hero has ever made it big in Bollywood. So why should I even try when I'm doing so well for myself in Andhra?" 

If at all Ravi goes to Bollywood it won't be a solo-hero project. "I'm open to doing multi-starrers in Hindi. I don't mind sharing screen space with some top star in Bollywood. Given that situation audiences will come to the theatres. And they'll get to see what I'm worth."

You Might Also Like

0 comments